Thursday, December 27

post christmas

Even though it seems I've done nothing this week, it appears I've run out of time to write a proper post. So here is a taste of what I've been doing instead...


Here in the southwest, we light candles and stick them in sand-weighted paper bags. Don't ask.


But they do look kinda pretty. And I think they are the best Christmas tradition ever.


Earlier that day, Keeper and I took a hike by the river to collect the aforementioned sand. I filled my backpack, while Keeper kept a lookout for park rangers.


Major props to Little Gen, who hand folded one hundred paper lunch sacks for the cause. Again, Keeper was busy keeping a lookout for...pretty much anything.


Then this happened.


At some point in time, I ate these delicious pancakes.


And Keeper took a nap.


Hope you did as little as I did this year. See you in the next...

OneArmGirl

4 comments:

  1. Love the pictorial post! Glad it was a low-key Christmas for you. By the way...when I saw your patio table and chairs I thought you had set this shot up on my back porch...same color stucco and same patio set! Good taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the trip down your pictorial Christmas! And "lumiatitoasts" are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I love luminarias. An even funner tradition, I suspect, if you are dodging park rangers with illicit sand. May the New Year bring you abundant light from paper bags and other sources. Hugs to you, Gen, and Keeper.

    ReplyDelete